Are you still eating healthy? I'm having my moments with healthy food. At least once or twice a day. So today I'm sharing my new go-to smoothie. It's light and delicious and chock full of berry goodness. It's sweetened with Manuka honey which has antibacterial qualities. It's a really nice change of pace if you're just kind of over the green smoothie. And although it has some kind of funky ingredients (Manuka honey, goji berries, goats milk yogurt....I think you could easy play around just swap in some pantry staples).
Here's what you need to know about the last week and this smoothie:
- I showed up at home on Sunday and there was a Vitamix on my door step! WOWZA. What a gift. (Thanks Oma and Papa). It works like a charm - especially since my last one smelled like burning immediately upon turning it on.
- I was wandering through Whole Foods and saw goji berries (one of the ingredients for this smoothie - which I had never purchased before but remember seeing all over the place as a "super food"). Into my basket they went with a few other things. UMM...dudes. They were $34.99/lb. But thankfully, I only had about 1/8 of a pound and you only need a spoonful for this smoothie. (Also, they're waaaay cheaper on Amazon).
- I was super excited to make this smoothie when I realized the goji berries need to be soaked over night to soften them up. So make sure you soak those goji berries.
- a spoonful of soaked goji berries
- 3 fresh or frozen strawberries (I used more because I was sharing with my girls)
- 1/4 cup of raspberries
- 3 TBSP of yogurt (GP calls for goat's milk yogurt but umm...I already bought goji berries and Manuka honey....so cow's milk it was)
- 1 TBSP Manuka honey
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (melted into liquid)
- 1 cup of almond milk
Throw everything in the blender and whirl away! Soak in all the super food goodness. And be on your way with your day.
I've been making this guy all week. What's your favorite go-to smoothie?